Terms and Conditions
- Council will no longer mail paper Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices to you, or any person to whom paper notices for the nominated property were previously sent.
- All future Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices will be in the form of a PDF attachment to an email sent to the address nominated by you.
- You must advise any other person to whom the paper Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive a paper Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices as a result of your request. Council will not be responsible for providing this notification.
- You must check your nominated email address for Rates and Instalment notices before the respective payment due dates of 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May. Notices are usually issued at least 30 days before the scheduled due date.
- You agree that you are deemed to have received the email when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
- You agree that you will retain the Rates, Instalment or Reminder notice information yourself electronically or by printing it. Council will not reissue notices that have been emailed.
- You can withdraw your request for email delivery of Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices at any time by deregistering on Council’s website.
- You are responsible for keeping your email address up to date with Council. If you change your email address you must deregister and reregister with your new details.
- The delivery of Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices via email will be cancelled if any owner of the nominated property or their authorised agent requests cancellation.
- Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the email delivery service, Council will commence sending paper Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices to the last advised mailing address for that property.
- If Council receives a ‘bounce-back’ notification from your email address, a paper Rates, Instalment or Reminder notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the property. If two or more consecutive ‘bounce-backs’ occur, Council may cancel the request for email delivery of Rates, Instalment or Reminder notices for that property. An ‘out of office’ notification will not be considered a ‘bounce-back’ notification.
- In the event that debt recovery is required on the rate account, these notices will be posted to the last recorded mailing address for that property.
- You are continually responsible for advising Council of any change of postal address by telephone or email as other Council communications will still be sent to your postal address.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event that debt recovery is commenced on the assessment Council may cancel your registration and future notices will be posted to your recorded mailing address.