Terms and Conditions
- Council will no longer mail paper Rates or Reminder notices to you, or any person to whom paper notices for the nominated property were previously sent.
- All future Rates or Reminder notices will be in the form of a PDF attachment to an email sent to the address nominated by you. Please note Supplementary notices will still be sent by mail.
- You must advise any other person to whom the paper Rates or Reminder notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive a paper Rates or Reminder notices as a result of your request. Council will not be responsible for providing this notification.
- You must check your nominated email address for Rates and notices before the respective payment due dates of each notice.
- You agree that you are deemed to have received the email when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
- You agree that you will retain the Rates or Reminder notice information yourself electronically or by printing it. Council will not reissue notices that have been emailed.
- You can withdraw your request for email delivery of Rates or Reminder notices at any time by deregistering on Council’s website.
- You are responsible for keeping your email address up to date with Council. If you change your email address you must deregister and reregister with your new details.
- The delivery of Rates or Reminder notices via email will be cancelled if any owner of the nominated property or their authorised agent requests cancellation.
- Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the email delivery service, Council will commence sending paper Rates or Reminder notices to the last advised mailing address for that property.
- If Council receives a ‘bounce-back’ notification from your email address, a paper Rates or Reminder notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the property. If two or more consecutive ‘bounce-backs’ occur, Council may cancel the request for email delivery of Rates, Instalment or Overdue notices for that property. An ‘out of office’ notification will not be considered a ‘bounce-back’ notification.
- In the event that debt recovery is required on either rates accounts, these notices will be posted to the last recorded mailing address for that property.
Using an 'out of office' or similar notification for change of email address will not be deemed sufficient to have advised Council for a change of email address as Rates or Overdue notices are sent from a mailing house and not directly from Council.
PLEASE NOTE: by registering to receive notices by email, this will only apply to all future notices. Council is unable to email any previous notices to you.