Terms and Conditions
- Council will no longer mail paper Rates, Instalment, Reminder or Final notices to you, or any person to whom paper notices for the nominated property were previously sent.
- All future Rates, Instalment, Reminder or Final notices will be in the form of an email with a link to a PDF sent to the address nominated by you.
- You must advise any other person to whom the paper notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive a paper notice as a result of your request. Council will not be responsible for providing this notification.
- You agree that you are deemed to have received the email when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
- You agree that you will retain the Rates, Instalment, Reminder or Final notice information yourself electronically or by printing it. Council will not reissue notices that have been emailed.
- You can withdraw your request for email delivery of notices at any time by deregistering on Council’s website.
- You are responsible for keeping your email address up to date with Council. If you change your email address you must deregister and reregister with your new details.
- The delivery of notices via email will be cancelled if any owner of the nominated property or their authorised agent requests cancellation.
- Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the email delivery service, Council will commence sending paper notices to the last advised mailing address for that property.
- If Council receives a ‘bounce-back’ notification from your email address, a paper Rates, Instalment, Reminder or Final notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the property. If two or more consecutive ‘bounce-backs’ occur, Council may cancel the request for email delivery of notices for that property. An ‘out of office’ notification will not be considered a ‘bounce-back’ notification.
Using an 'out of office' or similar notification for change of email address will not be deemed sufficient to have advised Council for a change of email address as Rates, Instalment, Reminder or Final notices are sent from a mailing house and not directly from Council.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event that debt recovery is commenced on the assessment Council may cancel your registration and future notices will be posted to your recorded mailing address.